KW Realty Centres Blog
Holiday Home Safety Tips
Holiday Home Safety Tips:
- Keep windows, garages and sheds locked, and don’t forget to use deadbolts.
- Use timers to turn on lights and a television or radio.
- Maintain at least a foot of space between a burning candle and anything that can catch fire.
- When hanging lights outdoors, avoid using staples or nails which can damage wiring. Use UL-rated clips or wires instead.
- Don't overload electrical circuits with holiday lighting; unplug your tree and outdoor lights before going to bed.
- Don't leave a spare key in a "hiding place." Burglars know where to look.
- Lock your power box with an electricity authority lock (lock to which you and the electric company have a key) so that your home security alarm system can't be cut off from the power supply.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season!
Copyright 2015 Keller Williams® Realty, Inc. If you have a brokerage relationship with another agency, this is not intended as a solicitation. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Each office is independently owned and operated.